On 25 September 2020, PhoenixKM’s CEO Karel Van Isacker will be one of the panel members of the virtual “International scientific conference on philosophy of mind and cognitive modelling in education – PCE2020 – Plenary lecture”, starting at 10.00 a. m. CET. A detailed programme is available via the conference website.
The virtual conference will address the impact of COVID-19 on the educational system in various EU countries. Our focus will be on Belgium and Bulgaria, and especially how it has impacted inclusive education.
This event is organised by the University of Maribor, Slovenia.
Following topics will be addressed for Belgium and Bulgaria:
- Overall situation regarding the pandemic in your respective countries.
- How has the pandemic affected schoolwork; what kind of solutions have you come up with; what has been the response?
- What kind of preparations have you made for the current school year, and how did you start the year?
- What were the responses of the entire society and teaching profession to the proposed concept of school for the school year 2020/2021?
Presentations will be followed by short discussions.
Following projects and their outcomes will be introduced:
- European diversity design for inclusive education (Euroddip_e) – 2018-1-ES01-KA201-050300 – free outcomes (01.09.2018 – 31.08.2021)
- MyHUB: a one-stop-shop on inclusion practices, tools, resources and methods for the pedagogical staff at formal and non-formal educational institutions (MyHUB) – 604454-EPP-1-2018-1-LV-EPPKA3-IPI-SOC-IN – free outcomes (31.01.2019 – 30.01.2022)
- Training of teachers as inclusive education ambassadors (Inclusive Ambassadors) – 2018-1-BG01-KA201-047854 – free outcomes (01.10.2018 – 30.09.2020)
- Inclusive responsible responsive teachers – European training course for school teachers (and students) on emergency management and first aid through civic engagement (SOS SCHOOL) – 2019-1-EL01-KA201-062450 – free outcomes (01.11.2019 – 31.10.2021)